Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nothing is Impossible with God

Yesterday, I (Bethany) was thinking about all the challenges that are facing myself and others right now. Then the Spirit brought that song to mind by Hillsong: "Nothing Is Impossible for you, Nothing is Impossible, you hold my world in Your hands". And He gave me faith that He will work all things for good!
So this morning as I was putting on silver jewlery for work to match my fun sandals, a particular silver necklace came to mind. This necklace was a gift from one of my precious children in my previous church where I was the Kids' Minister. This pretty, cross necklace reads : "With God, all things are possible" and I am proudly wearing it as a reminder today! God often speaks to me in "themes". And I believe this is my theme for the week: Nothing is Impossible with God!

This game will help kids know that with God, all things are possible...
Form groups of four. Give each group a bag of Hershey’s Kisses. Say: Your group can eat as many Hershey’s Kisses as you want -- as long as you don’t use your hands to unwrap them.

Allow time. While this is a near-impossible task, applaud your kids’ creativity and efforts.

Afterward, ask: Would you say this was an impossible task? Why or why not?

Read aloud Matthew 19:26.

Ask: What are things that are impossible for us to do that God can do? Is there anything that is impossible for God to do? Why or why not? What’s something you’re facing that seems impossible? What do you think Jesus would have you do about that “impossible” thing?

Game Idea from Gary Lindsay-Children's Ministry Magazine Article

No comments:

Post a Comment